Moving & Storage
Agency Customer Agreement
Academic Year 2018-2019
Any order placed through the PSA online store is subject to the
terms of the Moving & Storage Agency agreement below. Please read the following agreement carefully.
consideration for the acceptance of the property for storage, I understand and
agree to the following:
undersigned affirms that he/she owns the listed property and that no other
person has any right, title or claim to the property; further, that the
property contains no hazardous material or illegal substances.
1. The Moving and Storage Agency, Princeton
University, and their office and employees are not liable for any loss or
damage to property caused by the act of God, the public enemy, the acts of
public authority, quarantine, riots, strikes, the act or default of the owner,
the nature of the property, or defect or inherent vice therein. Except in cases
of negligence, the Moving & Storage Agency and its offices and employees
shall not be liable for the loss of or damage to property, or responsible for
its condition, operation, or functioning. Except in cases of negligence, the
Moving & Storage Agency and its offices and employees shall not be liable
for the damage to or loss of contents of pieces of furniture, crates, bundles,
cartons, trunks, boxes, barrels, suitcases, or other containers unless such
contents are opened for the carrier's inspection and then only for such
articles as are specifically listed by the customer and receipted by the Moving
& Storage Agency. Only visible damage upon receipt of said containers can
prove grounds for negligence (container has been crushed, punctured, torn, or
otherwise impaired such that contents are no longer properly stored). The
Moving & Storage Agency is not liable for how the customer packs and
prepares their property for storage. Furthermore, the Moving & Storage
Agency will not be held liable for damage to inherently fragile contents which
were not disclosed by the customer.
2. The liability of the Moving & Storage Agency, Princeton University, and their offices and employees, for loss or damage of the property will be limited to the lesser of the actual cash value of the item(s) at the time of loss or a maximum of $150 per piece of furniture and/or $150 per box, suitcase, or other similar containers. This liability will only arise to the extent that the undersigned has paid for his/her furniture and/or box(es) stored. Any and all claims for damages must be reported at the time of delivery AND submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 1 week (7 days) after the official University move in date or item pick-up. Any claims filed after this date are not eligible for claim review. The agency will contact customer within 1 week (7 days) of claims received to communicate a resolution. If customer believes the resolution to be unsatisfactory, customer may appeal to Princeton Student Agencies at email@example.com. A member of PSA’s professional staff will be in touch within 1 week (7 days) to resolve the appeal.
3. Insurance All Full Service Summer Storage prices include insurance. Insurance covers up to $150 dollars to replace the item. Moving & Storage retains the
right not to insure certain items.
All Economy Box Storage and Short-term Storage prices include insurance. Insurance covers up to $100 dollars per box. Moving & Storage retains the right not to insure certain items.
4. The Moving & Storage Agency shall reserve
the right to inspect property and note defects, and may refuse acceptance of
any property deemed "unfit" for storage or insurance. Any property accepted for
storage shall be returned at the end of the storage period to the undersigned
or designated representative only.
5. Overweight boxes: Due to the likelihood of
overweight boxes breaking and/or becoming damaged, students will be charged an
additional $40 for any large box weighing over 50 lbs and $60 for a box
weighing over 90 lbs.
6. Packing items in furniture being stored:
Moving and Storage reserves the right to charge an additional $25 for
refrigerators and dressers that are being used to pack other items making them
7. Customers who
have not made their belongings available for the scheduled pick-up time will be charged an additional fee of $25
for a return trip. Undergraduate students in University Housing do not need to be in their room at the time of pick-up. Students in graduate and off-campus housing must be in their room at time of pick-up. Items must be clearly labeled properly and, when applicable, taped and sealed; otherwise, a return trip will be necessary and $25 fee will be charged.
8. Customers who have not thawed and emptied
their refrigerators of all contents (including excess water from the thawing
process) will be charged an additional fee of $25.
9. Properly secured items for storage: Customers
who have not safely tied down their sofa beds, to prevent them from opening and
possibly injuring workers during moving, will be charged an additional fee of
$25. Customers who fail to tape their boxes adequately, such that their
contents are at risk for possible damages during lifting, moving or storing,
may still have the boxes stored if an employee deems them storable and secures
the contents. In this case, a customer will be assessed a fee of $15 per box to
have it taped securely on site.
10. If the quantity, weight, or size of the
actual items is not consistent with the order form at the time of pick up, the
M&S Agency reserves the right to charge additional fees to cover those
added services after the pickup date.
11. Electronic devices cannot be insured. If you
choose to store electronic items, you do so at your own risk. The M&S
Agency cannot be held liable for damages to TVs, VCRs, iPods, computers,
microwaves, CD/DVD players, or any other similar electronic devices. TVs must
be boxed for storage.
12. The Moving and Storage Agency will not be
held liable for flat tires for bicycles in storage.
13. The Moving & Storage Agency will not
14. Customer's property will be delivered to the
address listed in the "Delivery Location" as it is entered on the order form.
The delivery date will be on or before to the University's official
check in date . Unless the customer
indicates an earlier delivery time (e.g. Resident Assistant or OA Leader),
there is no guarantee that your items will arrive before the university move in
date. Once the items are moved into your room the door will be locked and
secured. The M&S Agency, Princeton University, and their office and
employees are not liable for the loss or damage of this property caused by the
act of God, the public enemy, the acts of public authority, quarantine, riots,
strikes, the act or default of the owner, the nature of the property, or defect
or inherent vice therein.
15. Refunds for Economy Box Storage:
requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, May 21, 2018 ( reference your order ID #). You must return all
unused Economy Box Storage boxes in good condition either to the Frist Table Hours or the PSA
office (48 University Place, Ground Floor - open Mon-Fri 10am-4m).
Any requests for refunds after May 21, 2018 or requests for refunds
without returning the unused boxes will not be given.
16. All property must be claimed by September 30, 2018. After this date,
all unclaimed property will be disposed of by the M&S Agency. However, any
customers may make other arrangements, in writing, with the M&S Agency to
be agreed upon by both parties. If Economy Box Storage items are not retrieved on the designated pick-up date at the location identified on the order form, Moving & Storage has the right to charge a fee. In this case, the customer must make arrangements with the Moving & Storage Agency to pick up items at a mutually agreeable time and location, or risk the disposal of the items.